Salesforce Financial Services Cloud is Built on the Lightning platform that was unveiled last year. It’s a complete overhaul of the user experience, making Salesforce faster, lighter, and easier to use. This means that if you’ve been been using Salesforce Classic, and are planning a move to Financial Services Cloud, you need to migrate to the new Lightning platform. If you’re a new Salesforce customer, you’ll need to perform an implementation at the start. In this post, we give you an overview of what the migration and implementation involves.
The image below shows the information architecture that Financial Services Cloud is based on.
These are the most basic Objects that define every client user within Financial Services Cloud:
- Financial Account
- Financial Holding
- Assets and Liabilities
- Financial goals
Once the core Objects are defined, you need to set up the objects to work well with each other. Here are some of those key tasks:
- Household & roles within the Household
- Enable sharing contacts with multiple accounts
- Create an Advisor user profile
- Register a custom domain
Next, you need to install two packages that complete the installation.
- Install the Managed Package: The managed package contains most of the app’s functionality, including custom fields and objects, list views and profiles of clients and households, and administrative configurations
- Install the Unmanaged Extension Package: The unmanaged extension package delivers field sets that configure the display of fields within the client and household profiles, dashboards, and extra functionality.
With this, your basic installation is complete, but you still need to customize it before it’s ready to use. Here are some of the key tasks you need to perform immediately after the installation:
- Verify That Custom Settings Are Enabled
- Verify Tab Visibility in Profiles
- Enable Notes (Optional)
- Enable Lightning Experience
This post gave you a brief overview of what’s involved in an implementation of Financial Services Cloud. For a detailed rundown of how to perform the implementation from start to end, you can read Salesforce’s implementation guide.
With the numerous steps, various factors to consider, and the complex data sets that every financial institution has, you require an expert to make sure your implementation is successful. You need a partner who has been through this process many times with companies in the financial services sector, and has a proven track record of successful implementations and migrations. That’s exactly what Mansa Systems brings to the table. With our decade long experience implementing Salesforce, we’re ideally qualified to usher your organization into this new world of Financial Services Cloud. Get in touch with us today to discuss how you can start your implementation of Salesforce Financial Services Cloud.